Custom Tracked Fencing Machine
Designer Metal were investigating different methods for putting their estate fencing posts in the ground when they discovered the vibrating Post Master online. Intrigued by what he saw, Xavier Cooper contacted Autoguide to ask whether the postmaster would be capable of inserting flat steel posts into the ground. With a few trial posts, the team at Autoguide performed some testing and then demoed the successful results to the company.
With the positive testing, discussions advanced and after noticing the TC600 and a separate Maxi Postmaster mounted on a telescopic mast being developed for another customer, the idea of a dedicated tracked vehicle was proposed. With Autoguide’s knowledge and history of building custom track based machines, the customer decided this would be the best option and commissioned a special custom build.
Autoguide designed and built a Midi Postmaster mounted on a custom mast with 5 axis of movement to enable maximum adjustment to vibrate posts into a range of positions and angles. This was then mounted on a specially designed chassis and connected to a Hinowa expanding track base for additional stability. When connected to a 4 Cylinder Turbo Diesel Engine, the whole system was powered using hydraulics off of a simple user console.
After testing, the machine was painted to the customers company colours, delivered and is now installing over 400 posts a day in a field in Chelmsford!
The machine features:
- Midi Postmaster – our standard post vibrator.
- 5 Axis Mast – enabling extensive movement.
- Custom Chassis – designed to withstand the high offset loadings.
- Hydraulic Control – ease of use across the industry.
- 4 Cylinder Kubota Engine – Increased Power and reliability.
- Expanding Hinowa Track Base – extra stability but compact for transport.
- Pilot Operated Tracks – reactive 2 speed control for simple driveability